22 August 2014

So, so, sleepy...

It could be the weather or it could be that my body is finally coming down from the high stress level of the last couple weeks.
Exhaustion -link to source

Both men who were having cardiac procedures are home and on the mend. My niece who for whatever reason was lethargic and unresponsive is showing no lasting effects; that I am aware of. The baby who got burned on his feet and flew to Denver Children's is home and healing. The investigation of the accident is coming to a close. The last big hurdle is my brother who smashed his hand and now requires surgery.

 My home is kid free today, no extra children to attend to, I can finally process everything my mind and heart has gone through.

So much hurt, fear, and anxiety. 

I knew that stress was brutal on the body. Mine manifests itself in the form of debilitating stomach aches that makes me wish I was in labor with a baby instead withering on the bed in agony. Amazingly enough I only had a couple minor anxiety attacks; I am learning to control and cope with stress better.

I sent out an abundance of prayer requests which resulted in myself, my family, and each individual person who was in the medical situation raised in intercessory prayer by an army of faithful men and women. I truly believe that all of this was a test. A test of faith and grace.

 Not once did my God let evil win.

You see in the New Testament alone anxiety is mentioned over 20 times. Matthew 6:25 as an example. We are not to worry but give everything to God. As difficult as that is to do, it is needed. I knew there was nothing I could physically do in this last few weeks that would change the outcome for any person in the midst of their medical situation. All I could do was request God to guide the hands of the medical staff and to strengthen the person in the middle of the situation to heal. Leaning on faith is hard.

Matthew 17:20--Link to source
 I am still learning to have Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment