01 October 2014

Fall..My favorite time..some Gratitude!

It's October and my favorite time of year has kicked off. The the trees are changing colors, the bugs are going into hiding, but best of all it's the Holiday Season. Halloween for pretending just for one day that we are something else, Thanksgiving for be appreciative (openly) for what we have, and best of all CHRISTMAS!

I know, I know why am I looking so far forward? Why it's only October first and I am already thinking about December 25th. December 25th is a glorious day, it is the day that our Savior was born. There is only one other day in history that means so much and that comes in the Spring; EASTER.

I got busy yesterday and put up the little Halloween clings on the windows of the house. This morning I went outside and plucked tomatoes off the plants, found some chilies and jalapenos as well. We have onions bigger than my fists coming out of the ground.  God has blessed us this year with a amazing bounty of produce from the garden. I have discovered some different recipes for Yellow Squash and Zucchini Squash that are amazing so I have been prepping plenty of squashes for the freezer for later use this winter.

As we come into this fall weather remember to take time for yourself to enjoy some down time, and some along time with God. For He is the Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment